Saturday, 27 August 2011

A Wonderful Week

I returned home today from a happy holiday in a holiday house between Cushendall and Cushendun on the North Antrim Coast in Northern Ireland.

The house was very comfortable, 3 bedrooms, very cosy and comfy livingroom and the kitchen had everything we needed including washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher and microwave.
I was on holiday with my sister and her three children, my niece and two nephews, my mum, Granny Millie and the children's other Granny, Granny Nan.  My brother-in-law came to stay for the last 2 nights.

We had a great time, really enjoyed chilling out at the house and going out every afternoon and then eating at a different restaurant every night.

On our first day we had a lovely lunch at the Glen's Hotel - http://www.theglenshotel.com/


Sunday, we went to Portrush, a compulsory visit to Barry's Amusements

This is Kelsie and Dean leaving the Ghost Train, and a real action photo of Kyle and Kelsie on the Cyclone!

To use up their tokens all three kids went on the carousel - I think I might have said I wouldn't put this photo on my blog - I might have to remove it if it isn't 'cool' !


I also tried to photograph Kelsie about 4 times on the helterskelter but I missed her each time!  We also spent some time at the beach and paddling pool area.

On Monday we went swimming at the pool in Coleraine, and had tea at Charly's http://www.charlysrestaurant.co.uk/   Kyle has become a connoisseur of mashed potato and declared his portion here as the best ever.

Tuesday we visited Portstewart - lots of fab kid's activities on the Promenade -


Kelsie walking on water but only for a few seconds!
Brill photo of all three kids in their Zorba balls on water
 Fab photo of Dean falling over -

I laughed so much that afternoon !

Wednesday - Mum, Kelsie and I visited Pretty Crafty Design Studio,
5, Springbank Rd, Castlerock, Coleraine, County Londonderry BT51 4RU.  We had a lovely lunch
and a browse around the selection of local crafted items for sale.  If you visit you will also see some of my beadweaving jewellery there.

As a further treat we went to see Mr Popper's Penguins at the cinema - very enjoyable.

On Thursday it rained on and off most of the day so we just relaxed at the holiday house and then went out for tea to The Fullerton Arms in Ballintoy http://www.fullertonarms.com/- really delicious meal and a very artistic and tasty Crunchie Cheesecake was enjoyed !
Friday we returned to Portrush to visit the Dunluce Centre, http://www.dunlucecentre.co.uk/  we went on the Turbo Tours Dino Ride, fantastic! - a first for the two grannies and they loved it.  The kids and brother-in-law also enjoyed the Darklight Laser Drome.

For our last evening out we had tea at the Smugglers Inn http://www.smugglersinnireland.com/ - a lovely finish to our week away.

The scenery on the North Coast is spectacular - my photos do not do it justice at all -






Beautiful, beautiful.

A lovely time was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment