Sunday 18 March 2018

Sewing Retreat at Drumalis, Larne



Drumalis Arts and Retreat Centre, Larne, Friday 16 to Sunday 18 March with Amanda A.
I love a crafty weekend with other crafty ladies - so much to learn, lots of chat and a new skill.

The tutor was Mandy Pattullo, based in Newcastle, England and her passion is for textile collage, really unusual, using old quilts, tiny pieces of fabrics and embellished with different embroidery stitches.

I know nothing about embroidery but I am so keen to learn anything new.

Sample pieces were fab and I'm really pleased with what I created, although neither are finished, but I will finish them and display on a wall !

The venue was an old convent with a retreat residential accommodation and dining and meeting rooms building.  I will be happy to go there again.

Photos to follow

No comments:

Post a Comment