Sunday 7 August 2011

Rained off !

My plan for today was to visit Greenmount Garden, Co Antrim with my friends - Norma, Elizabeth, Ann and Richard.

When I left home the sun was shining and I thought it was going to be a lovely day - 45 minutes and 25 miles later the heavens had opened and the rain was bouncing down!

Plan A had been to have a picnic lunch at the Gardens, wander around in the afternoon admiring the roses and then tea at the Templeton Hotel.

So tea was changed to lunch and we spent a very pleasant afternoon at the Hotel - food was delish and it was lovely to catch up with everyone's news.

Such a pity it was so wet as the Gardens are only open for a few weekends a year, no pics today but scroll down my blog to see the photos I took just a few weeks ago.

Another busy weekend - what did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment