Sunday 12 June 2011

A very busy weekend

On Saturday I attended the AGM of the Northern Ireland Beaders' Guild - I've been a member since it began, the Guild meets the second Saturday of each month (not July and August) usually at the lovely Ulster Folk and Transport Museum - (but check the Beaders' Guild website as occasionally the venue does change.)

http://www.nibeadersguild.com/

After the formalities of the AGM everyone was busy beading lots of different patterns and designs - I took along my flower that I started at Derrynoid but spent more time talking than beading so not much progress made !

New beaders usually begin with the spiral rope stitch
All About Beads Folksy Shop

as seen in the above picture.  It's a lovely stitch, very versatile and quite quick to make.

Saturday evening I had tea at 'Made in Belfast' - delish - and went to the Grand Opera House to see a performance of 5 Grey Haired Ladies and a Green Park Bench.


Today - I have spent the majority of the day in the kitchen !  I made lentil and carrot soup, potato and leek soup and stew.  I like to batch cook so I can stock up my freezer and have lots of lovely homemade meals ready to have for lunch or tea with minimum effort.  Next I'll be making curry for tonight's tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment