Saturday 1 October 2011

Bead Retreat - Northern Ireland - 30 Sept and 1 Oct 2011

Wow - what a lovely weekend.

I'm just home from a fab beady weekend at Magpie Crafts http://www.discovernorthernireland.com/Magpie-Crafts-Coleraine-P11317

Marion was a great host and Pamela a lovely teacher.  My friend Claire and I stayed in one of the holiday cottages beside Magpie Crafts, we went up on the Thursday night so we would be there - fresh and ready to bead on Friday morning.

Pamela had designed a beautiful necklace
for the more experienced beaders to make - I should have picked a nicer background for the photograph! We were supplied with the full kit
and immediately set to work.

The company was great, tasty lunches and endless amount of cake and tray bakes were on hand.

This is the centre ring for my necklace, I made good progress over the two days and plan to finish my necklace at home.  Pamela had other colours for inspiration - difficult to pick a favourite.


Pamela has designed and created so many beautiful pieces, she is a really talented beader and teacher.

The beading beginners made up to 6 different projects - a great opportunity to learn a new skill. 
The accommodation was very right beside the workshop venue and we had these gorgeous donkeys for company too!
I promised to bring them carrots next time!

We went out for dinner on the Friday night to the Harbour Bistro in Portrush http://www.ramorerestaurant.com/harbour-bistro.htm - delish!

Claire and I had tea at the Millside Restaurant, Cloughmills http://www.millsiderestaurant.com/ on the way home on Sat - a hidden gem and I'll definitely be back.

Many thanks to Marion and Pamela - I loved the Bead Retreat and can't wait to go to the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment