Friday 18 November 2011

Guildhall Craft Fair - Derry/Londonderry

I had the loveliest day out today with my crafty friend, Claire, to a huge craft fair in the Guildhall in Derry/Londonderry.

http://craftni.org/events/guildhall-craft-fair/

I had picked up a leaflet two or three years ago and had put it on my 'to do' list, to visit it to see what it was like.

Well worth putting it in the diary for next year, although it will be held in a different venue as the Guildhall is closing for renovation.

Claire and I travelled by train from Central Station direct to Derry, then a free bus drops the train passengers into the City bus station.  The Guildhall is just a few feet from the bus station-so convenient.

Lots and lots of stalls, beautiful items and friendly crafters, it's great to talk to the stall holders to find out where they come from , where they teach or get their supplies or hear about other craft fairs - it was a great experience.

We had time for a quick look through the Foyleside shopping centre, had a quick tea and then home on the 6.30ish train.

Loved it !

I did take my camera but forgot to take any photos - must try harder as a blog post is much better with photos - don't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment