Sunday 8 January 2012

A good start (to one of my new year resolutions !)

I invited my 4 nephews and 1 niece for a 'sleepover' on Friday night.  If you are a regular reader of my blog you'll know I like to spend a lot of time with them.
Unfortunately the littlest one, Ellis aged 3 couldn't stay on the Friday night because he had woken about 4 every morning this week and his mum thought it would be better if he stayed in his own house overnight - rather than have all of us up so early - I think it was the right decision!

The 3 eldest arrived on Friday night first, then Mason came after football practice.  I had set out the 'Bob the Builder' playset, Dean, Kyle and Kelsie haven't seen it for some years as they are getting so grown up but they were so excited to see it, I laughed so much at their reaction - good memories!
They remembered the theme tune and all the names of the characters, except for the forklift truck - I googled it, his name is Sumsy !

While we waited for Mason, they helped me to make the stew for Saturday night's tea - a real team effort.  Hopefully Dean won't grow up to be the mad knife murderer he is impersonating here!

Saturday morning was craft time, painting in pjs - loved it, just a little messy.


The down to the local playpark after lunch.


They were walking together in front of me - had to capture that image.




Then back to my house, first to cosy up and watch a DVD and then ready for tea - if you look closely you can see the painted dino, plant pot and tea light holders created that morning.

A final play with Bob the Builder and his friends and then home time.


The kids were all so good, I enjoyed every minute.  When I asked everyone what their favourite part of the 'sleepover' was, Mason replied playing on my wheelchair and working the stair lift!  I laughed out loud, all the activities I'd arranged and he enjoyed that the most !

No comments:

Post a Comment